Did you know you should be cleaning your dog’s ears once a week to maintain a healthy ear canal?
That may seem excessive, but if your dog is prone to dirty ears or ear infections then once a week really is ideal. If your dog spends time in water or a wet environment you should clean their ears – mostly to eliminate the moisture – each time after getting wet. Cleaning your baby’s ears doesn’t have to be burdensome with Star Bark’s simple steps to clean ears.
- First you need an ear cleaner. You can find Star Barks recommended ear cleaner here: (link)
- Firmly hold your dog’s head, open up the ear exposing the folds in their ear leather.
- Liberally pour the cleaner inside the ear making sure to hold your dog’s head so they don’t shake prematurely.
- Massage the base of the ear making sure the ear cleaner covers the entire ear canal
- Now let go and step back because it’s time for your dog to shake his/her head
- Once they are done take a cotton ball wiping out any debris that is inside the canal –(Use q-tips only on the folds if needed)
- Repeat all these steps in the other ear
Like this post? You may also like:
- Star Barks Guide to: Tick Season
- Star Barks Guide to: Flea Season
- How to: Feed Your Dog A Premium Diet
Don’t forget to follow us on social media!